MKIII Turtle Helmet


The MkIII “Turtle” helmet was developed and adopted by the British armed forces in 1941,  but due to production issues manufacture of the helmet did not begin until November of 1943.Though adopted by the British, the first time the helmet saw action was with Canadian forces landing on the beaches of Normandy in June of 1944. The helmet became a standard issued helmet serving along side the MkII “Brodie” helmet with both British and Canadian Forces until the end of WWII in 1945. After WWII the Canadians returned the helmets to the British government who used the MkIII up until the 1960s.